Aerial footage of the Thorofare

The good news: A friend of mine has done it.
The bad news: he's not, strictly speaking, human. He's a really strong hiker (think 35+ mile days) and completely unphased by exposure, sketchiness, or general suckitude.

I've twice tried to access this area to cross from Open Creek to Mountain Creek via Overlook or its shoulders. Wanted to see if it was doable for mere mortals or not. Foiled both times due to bear-related incidents. If I ever go back, I'll DM you a report (or vice versa, hopefully? :) )
I have had a route plotted around overlook that looks doable... But maybe not me anymore.... Always wanted to try a route close to the divide from eagle to brooks...

Always wanted to try a route close to the divide from eagle to brooks...
A variant of this is my next "big" Absaroka plan - ideally starting at Brooks all the way to Plenty Coups. Might split the traverse north from Eagle and the longer traverse south into two trips. Doesn't look like it'll happen this year though.

A variant of this is my next "big" Absaroka plan - ideally starting at Brooks all the way to Plenty Coups. Might split the traverse north from Eagle and the longer traverse south into two trips. Doesn't look like it'll happen this year though.
Yeah, I have had a route all the way from Brookes to Cooke City for a lot of years

Back