Album Wildlife

@Rye, Nice work! I love the way you give as much attention to the tiny, to the not-so-pretty, the dangerous and other creatures as well as the famous big mammals. Thanks much for the education. Are you a biologist?

@Rye, Nice work! I love the way you give as much attention to the tiny, to the not-so-pretty, the dangerous and other creatures as well as the famous big mammals. Thanks much for the education. Are you a biologist?

Thanks! No I'm not a biologist, just an enthusiast. I have a passion for wildlife, mainly reptiles and amphibians. I enjoy combining my love for the outdoors and backcountry with trying to find and record Utah's reptiles and amphibians in new places.

Assuming videos are ok for this thread, here is a neat one of 2 deer trying to cross the Yellowstone River. We were camped down Seven mile hole in Yellowstone National Park. We were cooking dinner on a large rock, and watched the 2 deer come down from the other side and try to cross. Both deer survive. You might need to click the HD button for a better picture

Bighorn Sheep in Zion

i-QTFjKF8-M.jpg

Thanks! No I'm not a biologist, just an enthusiast. I have a passion for wildlife, mainly reptiles and amphibians. I enjoy combining my love for the outdoors and backcountry with trying to find and record Utah's reptiles and amphibians in new places.
Hey, what do you use for your insect ID? What reference? Book?

Eastern newt.

IMG_3099.jpg