Doable, right? What do you think...Canyoneering the Roost

Mph

Hey there...Heading out Friday morning. Here is what I am thinking. Head to Goblin Valley and do the Goblin Liar's hike and rappel...Afterwards, head to the Maze and camp out...Saturday hit Big Springs Canyon and the upper half of the Spur...Sunday, do Moonshine on the way out...

Doable? Not too much of a push, right? I got to make sure the wife will enjoy:)

Thanks for any thoughts and/or any other ideas.

Totally. My only hesitation would be all the driving. Lots of long dirt roads and possible issues with all the recent storms. If it were my, I'd pick one of those three great areas and spend all the time there. Less rushing around and less driving. I don't know about your wife, but mine would definitely prefer a base camp in one place which allows for easier mornings and evenings. :)

Oh, and out of those three, I'd probably go for the Moonshine area. Some good stuff out there. The Spur area looks cool too, but I haven't been there yet.

I agree with Nick, all the recent storms might make the drives that much more difficult. Pick one, you will not be disappointed. Have a good one!

Thx for the thoughts! The road r 2 wheel drive according to the ranger at the Maze. Not sure which direction we will end up, but it should be fun:).

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
climbhigh1119 How doable is the sneak route out of Death Hollow with kids and a dog? Trip Planning 6
Parma Is the road to Upper Muley Twist doable in an Outback? General Discussion 19
balzaccom The Beatles were right: Help! Trip Planning 0
forest dweller Retail dehydrated or freeze dried foods are gear right? :) Gear 20
RyanP InReach Mini on sale for $249 right now Gear 8
George_Washington_Hayduke Zero G & Right Fork Of Leprechaun Canyon Canyoneering 2
cmgz Right Fork-Zion NP Canyoneering 5
A ATkayaker in Oklahoma right now. Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
hatchcanyon Right Hand Tusher Canyon Off Road 0
Krissi Cook What are the fall colors in southern Utah like right now? General Discussion 33
Yvonne Invite Right Fork North Creek this Sunday Meet Up (Members Only) 0
Yvonne Zion Wilderness Permits and Canyoneering permits opened up again General Discussion 11
IntrepidXJ Capitol Reef: Pilot Canyoneering Permit System General Discussion 0
P Info for The Gulch to Horse Canyon Loop. (canyoneering 3 # 32) Trip Planning 11
Nick Invite Zion Canyoneering 5/5 Meet Up (Members Only) 1
Outdoors24 Canyoneering Sunglow Canyon Canyoneering 10
swmalone Question about Moab Canyoneering Trips/Guides General Discussion 8
S Kanab Canyoneering with kids Canyoneering 4
S Canyoneering guided- Hanksville Canyoneering 0
George_Washington_Hayduke North Wash Canyoneering: Sawtooth, Bingo, Hog 3, Hog 4 Canyoneering 2
wsp_scott Canyoneering Kentucky style Canyoneering 4
Rockskipper Going canyoneering? Don't forget the dish soap. General Discussion 0
Blake Merrell KiDdIe CaNyOnEeRiNg - Fin's & Things with the Family Canyoneering 2
Ross Hiking/easy canyoneering partner for Bull Valley Gorge,Sand Wash (Red Cave) & other spots Trip Planning 0
Christian Video Trip Report of Zion Canyoneering Canyoneering 5
Outdoors24 Canyoneering harness Gear 3
Blake Merrell Canyoneering in the Roost! Canyoneering 25
Aldaron Southern Utah Canyoneering Canyoneering 29
Blake Merrell Canyoneering Water Canyon Canyoneering 6
Blake Merrell High Adventure 2015 - Day 1 - Canyoneering Double Arch Canyon Canyoneering 2
Blake Merrell kIdDiE cAnYoNeErInG Part II - Double Arch Canyon Canyoneering 4
TrektheWorld Zion Canyoneering around June 20th Trip Planning 12
Christian Canyoneering East Blarney, Big Springs East, hiking to some less frequented areas in Moab Canyoneering 4
Blake Merrell Opportunity to draft a Mountaineering/Canyoneering Policy for the UNPC Everything Else 4
Howells Outdoors Canyoneering and Backpacking in the Grand Canyon Canyoneering 7
TrektheWorld Canyoneering opportunity in southern Utah General Discussion 1
Christian Invite: Canyoneering this weekend Meet Up (Members Only) 34
Blake Merrell Canyoneering in Heaven.... eh, I mean Eagle Creek! Canyoneering 7
Blake Merrell Canyoneering the Elephants Butt, eh... I mean BUTTE! Canyoneering 2
DrNed Rope For Non Canyoneering Gear 18
Blake Merrell Kiddie Canyoneering: Cassidy Arch Canyon Canyoneering 8
Howells Outdoors 1st Grand Canyoneering Canyoneering 4
alene Canyoneering and ratings General Discussion 4
Yellowstone 1 Canyoneering/Rappelling Gear Questions Gear 12
DiscGo What device do you prefer for Canyoneering? Gear 9
Laura Best way to learn canyoneering General Discussion 10
Deadeye008 Changes for Zion NP canyoneering permits General Discussion 2
cirrus2000 Cypress Creek in the Snow - Canyoneering in BC Canyoneering 2