White Pocket Access...

Bill

I plan on hitting up White Pocket soon and I'm a bit worried about the sand and route I should take. ibenick suggested that I go from Poverty Flat to WP but Im a bit worried about the hill on the way back out. Has anyone driven the route marked in (edit)*blue on this map? If so how was it compared to the proverty WP road?

http://www.thewave.info/WhitePocketMap.html

I went three times via Poverty Flat and the trails has worsened over the last years a lot. There is much more soft sand and tons of nasty holes. Last time we aired down on our way in and out and had no problems to get over the last steep hill on our way out.
I never used the pink route on the map but I guess it will be tricky as well due to the steepness and the sand.

I swear that route was pink earlier now its blue... anyways. The poverty route is supposed to have all the hills.

IntrepidXJ do you have any suggestions for the best route in and out?

So we accidently missed the turn for cottonwood cove and went in the route marked in blue on the above map. There was one small sandy hill near the point marked "Bear left here" but this route in was cake! There was a few spots with deep sand but they were all pretty short and had good solid ground to get a decent run at them so we never even put it in 4wd.

So we accidently missed the turn for cottonwood cove and went in the route marked in blue on the above map. There was one small sandy hill near the point marked "Bear left here" but this route in was cake! There was a few spots with deep sand but they were all pretty short and had good solid ground to get a decent run at them so we never even put it in 4wd.

wow, that's really amazing. I should keep that route in mind for a future trip.
Thanks for the infos

Back