$50 off all GoPro packages at Backcountry.com

Just thought I'd pass this along. Backcountry has all Go Pro packages on sales for $50 off. I'm seriously tempted after seeing some of the underwater video lately.

GoPro HD Hero 2 - $50 off at Backcountry.com

If you are going to use it for underwater video you are going to want to get the new GoPro Dive Housing(Not sure why Amazon has it for $85. Retail is $50). Because the original housing has a curved plastic lens on it, underwater pictures and video are a little blury. This new case fixes that problem with a flat plastic lens.

Doesn't the outdoor model come with a lighter duty waterproof case though?

I have the outdoor kit. It comes with the same waterproof case as all the other kits. You can definitely use the case underwater it's just that the video/pictures are not as clear as when you use it out of water.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these but I'd kinda like it by this weekend. Haven't really bought much from backcountry, does anyone have any experience with picking it up at the warehouse? Can you place your order online and pickup there?

I don't know if you can place the order online and pick it up there, or not, but that's basically what you do when you go the warehouse. You just go in, get on a computer in the retail room, get on their website, write down the item number you want, give it to them, and they go back in the warehouse and get it.

So now I'm debating against getting the Outdoor Edition from Backcountry.com for $249 + tax or getting the motorsports edition for $241 from Amazon, no tax. Basically $241 vs. $270. It looks like the packages are barely different. Any thoughts on that from those who know the mounts, etc.?

So now I'm debating against getting the Outdoor Edition from Backcountry.com for $249 + tax or getting the motorsports edition for $241 from Amazon, no tax. Basically $241 vs. $270. It looks like the packages are barely different. Any thoughts on that from those who know the mounts, etc.?

Looks like the difference is the motorsports edition comes with the suction mount and a flat helmet mount whereas the outdoors edition comes with the vented helmet mount and the headband mount. I use my headband mount all the time. Never used the vented helmet mount. I also have the suction mount and it is nice to mount the camera to your vehicle. I think you'll definitely want the headband mount but you could always just buy it separately. That way you would have both the suction and the headband mount.

Back