An Adirondack Canoeing Day Trip

kwc

August 2016 ... Cedar River Flow in the central Adirondacks

fullsizeoutput_d2a.jpeg
out on the "flow" ... Mrs. kwc out in front of me ...
fullsizeoutput_d2c.jpeg
our canoes ...
fullsizeoutput_d2e.jpeg
the "flow" is a dammed up part of the Cedar River ... so now we're heading from the "flow" itself and into the river (we're heading upstream, against the current)
fullsizeoutput_ce8.jpeg
on the river ... fullsizeoutput_d32.jpeg
peace on the river (see the dragonfly?) ... really not all that quiet because of the birds, etc. fullsizeoutput_ced.jpeg
back out on the "flow" ... it gets pretty shallow on this end of the flow but it's full of wildlife
fullsizeoutput_cf1.jpeg
more time on the "flow" ... we're heading back slowly to the launch site
fullsizeoutput_cfb.jpeg
blue heron ... this photo was taken with Mrs. kwc's camera ... her camera is much better than the camera I was using (she takes most of our photos)DSCN2755.JPG
close up of a loon (by Mrs. kwc) ... each summer we see more & more loons on the lakes ... so that means the lakes are recovering from the days of the "acid rain"
fullsizeoutput_d36.jpeg
reflections .... looking down the "flow"
fullsizeoutput_cf8.jpeg
our canoes at the launch ...

Nice. Thank you for sharing that. I've driven by the Adirondacks to get to and from the Appalachian Trail, geeze it's hard to not stop and just change gears. Such a pretty place, and your pictures look so restful.

Nice waterway. Would love to have access to loon country. Thanks for sharing these.

tv

I really wanted to drop down into the Adirondacks when I was living in Quebec, but when I had time, I kept heading north.

Definitely on the list. Thank you for sharing.

Beautiful! What model are those Wenonah’s and how do you like them? I’m looking for a Wenonah Solo+

Beautiful! What model are those Wenonah’s and how do you like them? I’m looking for a Wenonah Solo+

They are Wenonah Wee Lassies. We've had them for several years & we really like them. Light weight (25lbs) & pretty stable. We haven't done any overnights with them yet but we hope to do that this summer.

Back