Gear Review Best Hiking Briefs

Antlerking

Ok guys,

I'm looking for some good hiking/backpacking briefs. Right now I have a few pairs of ExOfficio boxer brief, I love them but they ride up. I want to stick with the boxer brief's, but ones that hold your stuff in and breath good. What are some recommendations?

Costco carries some nice boxer briefs that I have liked hiking in more than anything else I've tried. I think they are Champion brand. Nice and long so they don't ride up too much and leave your thighs chafing. I've also found that using Body Glide can go a long way to keep the thighs from becoming hamburgerized on long hikes.

I have a pair of under armor boxer briefs that I prefer over the ex officio ones I have. They are a little more snug, and ride up less. One (potential) drawback is that they don't have a fly. I don't mind personally, but YMMV.

I've also used the C9 brand (Champion) that is sold at Target. While they aren't bad, I think they're clearly inferior to ex officio and under armor as long as you don't mind dropping a bit of coin on undies.

Commando........ A guy in our old group (younger) had a guy that used to hike nude into the grand Canyon.... :help:

I wear the longer length under armor ones, the shorter ones ride up on my legs and turn into whitey tidies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked this write-up. I haven't tried them and I'm not sure how quick-dry they are and if they're specifically good for hiking...but...maybe.

I liked this write-up. I haven't tried them and I'm not sure how quick-dry they are and if they're specifically good for hiking...but...maybe.
Those sound great actually. I third what @steve and @Nick said about bodyglide. AMAZING!!! I need the comfort and support too. I use some fruit of the loom boxer briefs but on long hikes, or intermittent strenuous activity during the day (hike hard - rest - everything dries and leaves salt leftover - hike hard - chaff - :cry:) it's not good to say the least. I'll try out the others that have been suggested as well.

Noooooooooooooooo don't tell me you were commando :help:

I wear UnderArmour spandex type boxer briefs when hiking and find them to be very comfy, supportive, and dry.

I am still a firm believer that ExOfficio Boxer Briefs are the best. The thing I have found is to buy one size less than what you think you wear. I wear XL in about everything but Large fits me just right in the ExOfficio. I have a pair of the older Under Armor boxer briefs and they make me sweat like a pig. The will last forever in the back of the drawer because they will never be worn again. Wal-Mart sells a light weight synthetic boxer brief (Life by Jockey) that I wear every day and they work pretty well. They sell about a half dozen different styles of these briefs but only one has long legs and a pocket to put all your marbles in. Good Luck on your hunt!

@onepaddlejunkie That's all I wear now is the Exofficio, they last, dry fast and are comfortable. They stay put for me just fine, might be my thighs are pretty thick.

Back