Bowdie Canyon

AWR

Hi,
Is anyone familiar w/ the Kelsey route from Middle Point into Bowdie. It enters the canyon just downstream from the confluence of N & S forks.
Thanks

No, but ive been all the way up both forks from the river

No, but ive been all the way up both forks from the river
Thanks, but I'm mainly interested in seeing the big ruin. Just wondering about the route off the rim. Looks easy on GE but you never know.

Easy hike from road..... i think you may refering to. Route finding down ledges, dont remember much exposure. Or if you go down the canyon there are other ruins to be seen.

Easy hike from road..... i think you may refering to. Route finding down ledges, dont remember much exposure. Or if you go down the canyon there are other ruins to be seen.
The road I'm referring to is the one that heads N from the airstrip. The hike would start from where the road makes a sharp bend to the W.

I haven’t done it, I’m sure some people here have. Steve Allen describes this route in Canyoneering 2 on the Dark Canyon route. Negotiating several cliffs (Class 3+). (2.5-4 hrs.)

Something like this. Be safe out there.

Attachments

• IMG_7526.jpeg
    IMG_7526.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 66
Something like this. Be safe out there.
Thanks for the map. Good to know. That's a different route than the one in Kelsey. Kelsey has you coming in E of the small drainage. Around the marked 5600 (56) on the topo. You then work over to the drainage.

Here is the route.... the ruin you seek is at the Big PourOff. Find the use trail up the small drainage before the pouroff

aa bowdie.jpg

Back