Buckhorn Trail, North Cheyenne Canon

kimbur96

Got out for a 6.7 mile training hike today in Cheyenne Canon. I still can't get over that these kind of trails are 20-30 minutes from my house. We took Buckhorn trail to the top of the ridge and then caught a seldom used side trail. The side trail was littered with blowdowns from a wicked 100mph storm in December. It became like an obstacle course at times. But a ton of fun and beautiful. IMG_5814.jpgIMG_5817.jpg
IMG_5821.jpg
IMG_5836.jpg IMG_5842.jpg IMG_5840.jpg

Friend of mine in College worked with the Peregrines on Specimen Rock there.

Colorado Springs has one of the best city park systems on the planet. Combine that with adjacent stuff in the Pike NF and you have urban nirvana.

Have you driven Old Stage and then onto Victor/Crippple Creek on Gold Camp? Mt. Rosa a fun hike. If you have a mountain vehicle driving to the gate on Baldy and then hiking Baldy/Almagre is awesome.

thanks for sharing the beloved old haunts young lady.

Friend of mine in College worked with the Peregrines on Specimen Rock there.

Colorado Springs has one of the best city park systems on the planet. Combine that with adjacent stuff in the Pike NF and you have urban nirvana.

Have you driven Old Stage and then onto Victor/Crippple Creek on Gold Camp? Mt. Rosa a fun hike. If you have a mountain vehicle driving to the gate on Baldy and then hiking Baldy/Almagre is awesome.

thanks for sharing the beloved old haunts young lady.

Is that this one? Not very good at knowing the roads yet.
568ece7012411a45eaf462a00eedfbd0.jpg

bfdd435d2e2a2fda383d3bd9e545dd61.jpg

ca445d580d80e3e99831325a2a26983d.jpg

Beautiful! We only took it down to the main road.

I haven't done Mt Rosa yet. I did St Mary's falls and then continued up to where it intersects with Mt Rosa trail. But that's as far as I got. Hadn't even heard of Baldy...googling now :)

That is Lower Gold Camp which is now closed when it meets the Canon road and big parking lot where it's gated before the first tunnel closure on Gold Camp. To get to Upper Gold Camp you now have to drive out of the Broadmoor on Old Stage or come the other way near Victor.

Back