"Discovery" of Vermilion Cliffs

SOB Newest National Geographic has an entire section on Vermilion Cliffs National Monument. Let the mass tourism begin (not that it was really a secret, secret, but...)

Well I guess since it's almost all permitted it can't hurt too much. Do you know if it showed White Pocket? I'd love to see that issue.

SOB Newest National Geographic has an entire section on Vermilion Cliffs National Monument. Let the mass tourism begin (not that it was really a secret, secret, but...)
Ya, I saw that yesturday.... GRrrrrrrrrr. I *think* they are the reason The Wave is so popular....

I'll be heading there the first of March, hopefully it won't be popular by then! ha!

Is that the stuff they actually printed in Nat Geo? Some nice stuff but I would have expected a little better.

Like this shot, it totally makes me kick myself for not hanging out in the 15 degree temps to do something similar, but the light painting on the hoodoo is funky. Awesome for most of us but those nat geo guys are supposed to be beyond awesome!
06-totem-pole-towers-coyete-buttes-670.jpg

Is that the stuff they actually printed in Nat Geo? Some nice stuff but I would have expected a little better.
I've thought the same about some of Nat Geo's photos lately. Some are just awesome, but others I've been like, meh.....

Back