Album Fall Colors 2016

Dan_85

It must be almost time for this right?! I loved last year's album. If you guys don't mind I'd like to make the first contribution for 2016...

Last week I did a 65 mile solo hike inside the Arctic Circle in Swedish Lapland (any interest in a trip report?), where fall arrives early and finishes early. Up there the colors start showing at the start of September and are generally done within 3 weeks. By the end of the month the snow is falling and it doesn't really stop until May. The first 2 days I spent hiking along the floor of this valley, I really loved the contrast between the golden birches and the aquamarine glacial meltwater in the river...

DSC08440.jpg

It must be almost time for this right?! I loved last year's album. If you guys don't mind I'd like to make the first contribution for 2016...

Last week I did a 65 mile solo hike inside the Arctic Circle in Swedish Lapland (any interest in a trip report?), where fall arrives early and finishes early. Up there the colors start showing at the start of September and are generally done within 3 weeks. By the end of the month the snow is falling and it doesn't really stop until May. The first 2 days I spent hiking along the floor of this valley, I really loved the contrast between the golden birches and the aquamarine glacial meltwater in the river...

View attachment 48291
Trip report, please and thank you!

Panguitch Lake area and Cedar Breaks is near peak right now.

i-pbHSnFH-XL.jpg

i-vDzCNL6-XL.jpg

Last week I did a 65 mile solo hike inside the Arctic Circle in Swedish Lapland (any interest in a trip report?),

View attachment 48291

YES! I would love a trip report. I don't think I have ever read a trip report from inside the Arctic Circle, so I hope you will post one, with lots of pics. :D

Back