Family trip to Blue John

Spur has been on the to-do list for a long time, but we have always balked at the long drive out there. I had the idea in my head that Bluejohn was technical only, so this gives us at least two relatively close destinations. That's what I like about BCP- I came here initially about 4 years ago with questions, after a trip report or two popped up on the google while I was researching Utah hikes, and I think it was both @regehr and @Udink that responded to my query.

Spur has been on the to-do list for a long time, but we have always balked at the long drive out there. I had the idea in my head that Bluejohn was technical only, so this gives us at least two relatively close destinations. That's what I like about BCP- I came here initially about 4 years ago with questions, after a trip report or two popped up on the google while I was researching Utah hikes, and I think it was both @regehr and @Udink that responded to my query.
Yeah the Spur really is a long drive, though I think @Udink has done it as a day trip :). I have a long list of stuff to see out there and need to just setup a base camp somewhere around High Spur and explore for a few days. I'm particularly interested in some of the springs near there, in order to make some long backpacks work, but I'd like to see them first, before committing, since the area is so remote.

OoooOoOoH that point reminds me of a piece of brownie!
Nice share :)

Back