forest passes?

Dustin Gent

So it is official I am moving from PDX to SLC August 17th (maybe 16th). Got an apartment today and all the transfers went through :) :)

In the PNW, there are several passes needed for the various areas. There is the NW forest pass, Discover Pass, state park pass and of course the America the Beautiful Pass (which I will be getting).

Are there any passes I should know about when I arrive? I guess I could google it, but thought I would ask

Congrats! Are you going to be working at the REI on 3300 S?

American Fork Canyon and the Uintas take the America The Beautiful pass. The Uintas also sell a standalone annual pass just for them, but the ATB pass works too. You just need the hang tag or leave it on your dash.

Millcreek Canyon is on it's own thing run by Salt Lake County. It's $2 per day, I can't remember if there is an annual available there but I think there is.

There are a lot of State Parks in Utah that require a fee. For $75 you can get an annual pass that will get you into any of them. Places like Antelope Island, Goblin Valley, Dead Horse Point, Kodachrome Basin and a lot of the reservoirs. Full list here: http://stateparks.utah.gov/

America the Beautiful Pass is a must have. I've never visited enough of our state parks to justify the cost of a state park pass.

Back