Gear Review Gear Review: Ruffwear Approach Dog Pack

DuneElliot

I have used these packs exclusively for 3 years and hundreds of miles with my two border collies. Kye is a 34lb female and Cody is a 40lb male. When first buying these packs I bought the small for Kye and the medium for Cody, according to the measurements and weight guidelines on the website. Despite this the medium pack really was too large for Cody and I had it cinched down as tight as possible to make it fit. The panniers themselves were massive on him. Recently I replaced his medium pack with a small and it fits much better and has smaller panniers.

Continues here: https://nomadicpawprints.wordpress.com/2018/09/23/gear-review-ruffwear-approach-dog-pack/

I don't know if you will have experience with this, but since you posted, I will ask. Whenever I use a pack on my dog, it always slips to one side. It definitely seems tight enough and I don't want to make it any tighter. Even if there is nothing in the pack, it slips to one side. Do you see this happen with your fur babies? I have only used one type of pack, so I wonder if it is the fitting, the pack itself, or my dog walks weird? Haha

I have used these packs exclusively for 3 years and hundreds of miles with my two border collies. Kye is a 34lb female and Cody is a 40lb male. When first buying these packs I bought the small for Kye and the medium for Cody, according to the measurements and weight guidelines on the website. Despite this the medium pack really was too large for Cody and I had it cinched down as tight as possible to make it fit. The panniers themselves were massive on him. Recently I replaced his medium pack with a small and it fits much better and has smaller panniers.

Continues here: https://nomadicpawprints.wordpress.com/2018/09/23/gear-review-ruffwear-approach-dog-pack/

Oh haha, nevermind. Was at work the first time I read your post and didn't get through the entire actual review. I will have to look into one of these packs instead!

Back