Going Camping - Suggestions

Shaverkid

Going to Southern Utah with reservations at the Maze in April. Dollhouse. Getting conflicting reports from Rangers and you tube as to whether a full size 4 wheel drive truck can get there without significant damage. One Ranger said short wheel base only is good. Would like some input from those who have been there. If it seems to difficult we will go with plan B and camp at the Needles and make our way around to Capitol Reef and day hike at different spots. Have 10 days to fill and would like any suggestions you all might have. Thanks for the info in advance

Thanks Bill, Looks like the Tacoma did pretty good. I have a Tundra, will have spotters for help. Don't mind a few bumper scrapes, just don't want a complete trashing of the truck

Udink took his full sized rig out there last year but would he do it again?
Nope, I wouldn't do it again. :D I drove my F-250 to the Dollhouse. The only damage I got was a slightly bent bar that supports the side step on the passenger side (probably when going up the switchbacks). A Tundra would probably do better. :) I'd say there's a good likelihood of scraping bottom on just about anything you drive out there, though, unless it's short wheelbase with a lift. How careful you are would determine whether you actually damage anything.

IMG_6948.JPG

IMG_6331.JPG

As far as suggestions, if you have 10 days, you could see a huge chunk of the Maze district in that time. All of the canyons down in the Maze are great, and the views from all the ridges up top are amazing. It would be hard to go wrong with anything in that area.

Back