Lake Christine fire, Basalt, Co

gnwatts

Two people started this fire shooting tracer bullets at the shooting range in Basalt, during a stage 2 fire alert. It quickly threatened Basalt, causing evacuations, then it turned and headed up valley, over a ridge and came within a couple hundred feet of our office near El Jebel. Then it turned and went right for El Jebel, where my wife works. Dozens of homes were saved by the fire fighters, at night, which seems highly dangerous to me. The whole town was saved, 3 houses on the mountain were burned. It is about 25% contained, a heading up Basalt Mountain, hopefully it will miss houses on Missouri Heights. All of the pics are from our house in Carbondale.

The afternoon of the 4th:

1 DSC01887.jpg

3 DSC01875.jpg

Evening of the 5th.
El Jebel is at the bottom of the next 2 shots:

DSC01899.jpg

DSC01907-Edit.jpg

Last Night:

DSC01980-2.jpg

Hopefully it will be contained soon.

Attachments

• DSC01898.jpg
    DSC01898.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 28
Ropes and tree limbs for them and the #$@&?!’s who shot the goats on Quandry Tuesday.

Praise for the many, many firefighters.
It was hard though to push the "like" button on something so... You know what I mean?

This fire season has hit so many areas hard already.

I was gone and missed the worst of this one, but I guess there was ash falling from the sky in Glenwood. I was watching it on the news from Montana, and when I got back, it was incredible watching the big firefighting Chinook helo at the airport with its huge hose. It's raining here tonight, so I'm sure you're getting some also, and I hope that's the final blow to the fire. It was absolutely amazing at how close it came to the trailer park in El Jebel and yet not one house there burned. I have friends on Missouri Heights who were evacuated. He's a firefighter there in Bonedale.

Your photos are really something else. Glad it's all over.

Back