Looking for a backpacking buddy for Uinta Highline Trail

sydissoocool

Hi there,

My name is Syd. I will be doing a road trip/backpacking trip this summer and I was interested in hiking the Uinta Highline Trail around the 25th of August. I've never been out there before so I'd like to tag along with someone or with a group of people for safety purposes. I have pretty much all of the gear I need for the trip. For navigation, I will be relying on paper maps, a Garmin InReach mini GPS/Satellite messenger connected to my cell phone for navigation (Earthmate app), and a compass. I can hike at least 15 miles per day.

Here's a bit more about myself. I'm a 31 year old male who works as a field biologist, mainly focusing on botany. I've worked all over the west in places such as CA, NV, and WY. I currently work in San Diego.

Thanks,

Hi there,

My name is Syd. I will be doing a road trip/backpacking trip this summer and I was interested in hiking the Uinta Highline Trail around the 25th of August. I've never been out there before so I'd like to tag along with someone or with a group of people for safety purposes. I have pretty much all of the gear I need for the trip. For navigation, I will be relying on paper maps, a Garmin InReach mini GPS/Satellite messenger connected to my cell phone for navigation (Earthmate app), and a compass. I can hike at least 15 miles per day.

Here's a bit more about myself. I'm a 31 year old male who works as a field biologist, mainly focusing on botany. I've worked all over the west in places such as CA, NV, and WY. I currently work in San Diego.

Thanks,
Hi Syd,

I am planning on hiking the UHT beginning on August 22nd. The plan is to do the entire 104 miles beginning on Highway 191 at McKee Draw. At this point no one else is coming other than my two pack goats and my dog. I plan on hiking it in 10 days. I realize that is slower than many might do it in. (I blame the goats). Let me know if you're interested. You are welcome to join. As I don't check the forum very frequently feel free to text me.
Eight zero one-674-zero twenty-two eight.

@#PackGoatMafia I'm starting at Leidy on the 23rd. If I get into trouble
I'll wait for you the goats to rescue me. ;)

Hi there,

Thanks,
Hi Syd. Lemme know if you have any specific questions. I did it last early autumn with my dog. It's gorgeous, high, open terrain. Great choice for a backpack. Enjoy!

Back