Looking for a unique hike

Jenece Mordt

Hi there!

I am looking for any hikes that are unique around Maricopa/Phoenix area. We just did Quartz Peak Trail on the Estrellas, looking for something similar... Any advice??

Superstitions, Harquahalas closer in.. others farther out Check out Hikearizona.com, toddshikingguide.com

I didn't do much in the Phoenix area. In fact, I tried to avoid it to the extent possible. Me & traffic don't get along so well. But, have you checked out Hieroglyphic Canyon? It made it on to my radar, butI never made it out there to check it out.

If you want a brief taste of what's there, stop by the Mesa LDS Temple and walk around the grounds. There's a calendar stone there that was taken from Hieroglyphic Canyon years ago to protect it that's there on the temple grounds.

Very cool! I also avoid the city like the plague. I can't stand traffic, people, and noise. I will check it out for sure!

A little farther away: Beaver Creek, Clear Creek, Sycamore Cyn, W Oak Creek, Sierra Anchas, Four Peaks area. This site has some documented sites: arizonaruins dot com

Chiricahua National Monument has some great hikes as well. It would be 3+ hours away from you.
Another spot that caught my eye, but I never made it out to was Hannah Hot Springs near the border with New Mexico.

Back