Looking for bob Marshall recommendation

At short notice my friend and I are thinking of doing a one night overnight backpacking trip in the bob Marshall. Looking for recommendations for something around 7 miles or so in that’s big on views / beauty. We’ve done a lot of backpacking in Montana but never in The Bob. It’s located at a halfway point more or less between my friend and I, and that’s why we’re considering rendezvousing to check it out. I’m thinking near the Lincoln side would be our closest access.

The trick with with all the trailheads on the east side of the Bob is you are starting at the beginning of the Rocky Mountain front. Most places of interest are fairly high miles to get into the good stuff. The west side (Seeley/Swan valley) you get into the Bob much quicker, because you are climbing over the Swan range by one of the many passes. If you are looking for a good overnighter, I'd recommend either Upper Holland lake (~6 miles one way), or Pyramid Lake (~3.5 miles one way). Both are used fairly heavily so the trails are in good shape, but you likely won't be alone at either.

Back