Mammoth Mountain Skiing/Xcountry ski April

Nodust

We are going to Mammoth Mountain in April for a ski trip. Kids have never been and we want to go before the oldest graduates high school. I would like to try a day of cross country skiing. This will be my first trip to this area so I don't really know much about it other than Mammoth ski area stays open longer than most.

Anyone have recommendations for xcountry ski rental and where to go?

Is April too late for cross country?

I would like to actually ski in and camp a night and ski out next day.

TIA

We are going to Mammoth Mountain in April for a ski trip. Kids have never been and we want to go before the oldest graduates high school. I would like to try a day of cross country skiing. This will be my first trip to this area so I don't really know much about it other than Mammoth ski area stays open longer than most.

Anyone have recommendations for xcountry ski rental and where to go?

Is April too late for cross country?

I would like to actually ski in and camp a night and ski out next day.

TIA

Hey Nodust,

You may have better luck getting some info on mammoth at the High Sierra Topix forum. Few of the regulars there live in Mammoth and have provided much useful information for my winter treks out there. With the amount of snow we got this year, it's gonna take some time for it to all melt so you might be lucky in April. One easy xc i think its from the Mammoth Lodge up postpile road to the minaret viewpoint. Gorgeous views from there!

-Kevin

Hey Nodust,

You may have better luck getting some info on mammoth at the High Sierra Topix forum. Few of the regulars there live in Mammoth and have provided much useful information for my winter treks out there. With the amount of snow we got this year, it's gonna take some time for it to all melt so you might be lucky in April. One easy xc i think its from the Mammoth Lodge up postpile road to the minaret viewpoint. Gorgeous views from there!

-Kevin

Thanks Kevin.

https://m.youtube.com/my_videos

After the new storm goes through in the next week, 4th of July skiing may be possible. Have fun.
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back