Montana mountains ...

Kishenehn

Not sure if I'll end up being a lurker or a poster here, but I thought I'd say hello. I'm happy to have found this site!

I grew up mostly along Utah's Wasatch front, and I still have strong personal and family ties to the country around Dinosaur and the eastern Uintas. Fell in love with Montana during my college years, though, and after several summers working in Glacier Park I eventually emigrated to Bozeman. I get out into the Montana backcountry as often as I can, with forays down into Utah, Wyoming, and Idaho. Lately, I've also been spending part of my summers volunteering as a fire lookout for the Flathead National Forest ... it's a great experience.

I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you folks!

Sounds like an interesting career path. Welcome to the site.

Howdee. Hardly ever make it up there but do go to Cooke City occasionaly. "Our" mountains, wherever they may be, are the best. Enjoy yours.

Howdee. Hardly ever make it up there but do go to Cooke City occasionaly. "Our" mountains, wherever they may be, are the best. Enjoy yours.
They are, indeed.

Don't get down your way as much as I used to, but I lived in SW Wyoming for a while as a teenager - my Dad worked for the old Bridger National Forest. Great country, once you manage to get away from the people!

Hey there, @Kishenehn I'm just about an hour West of you in Butte. I spend a lot of my time in the Tobacco Roots, which aren't too far from you. If you're ever looking for someone to get out and explore with, hit me up.

Hey there, @Kishenehn I'm just about an hour West of you in Butte. I spend a lot of my time in the Tobacco Roots, which aren't too far from you. If you're ever looking for someone to get out and explore with, hit me up.
It's nice to see a few other Montanans on here! Surprisingly, I haven't spent too much time in the Tobacco Roots ... maybe we'll have to get together for a hike this summer.

Well damn, another Bozeman elitist----------

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks. I should clarify that the Glacier and fire lookout hitches are really more obstacles to a career path than anything else ... or at least a realization that life's too short to waste on a traditional career path!

Those were my thoughts also. I was never going to be happy living anywhere where mountains weren't close at hand. No doubt could have earned more $ elsewhere but MSU employment was sufficient to fund the Bridger Bowl habit and summers filled with the Pioneers, Lee Metcalf, Absarokas, Beartooths, Tobacco Roots and many others. Enjoy it for what it is.

@AustinCronnelly Where do I begin? LOL so many great places in the T-Roots.

Hollowtop is a great area, as is the next drainage northwest; Lake Louise and Lost Cabin Lake area.

I've also spent some time exploring the Sunrise Lake area and Boulder Lakes area. I haven't been there in a while but would love to get back to the Sunrise area.

So many other great places, it could take all day... :)

Ha! I moved here long before the place was cool. If I tried it today, they'd never let me in. :)

And thanks!

It's all relative: a photo of a place you may recognize that's a lttle different today.
31287639364_54b78e0085_k.jpg

Back