New Arches NP Timed Entry Pilot

Jackson

I ❤️ GYE

I guess something like this had to happen at some point with how crazy the lines get there. Looks like Dead Horse Point and Island in the Sky will probably get more and more of the Arches spillover until they put in permit systems there too.

I wonder how many more parks are going to see stuff like this implemented in the next few years.

Edit: just noticed this topic was brought up in another thread before I posted this.

Last edited:
Now just want to remark that I was here in Moab and Arches several years ago in the fall. And at that time it was just insane the amount of people that was everywhere. Crazy! Do understand when one sees the crowds in this day and age. But anymore am going to those places that so many of the populace do not go to and away from it all. In my opinion.

Always the 4x4 road that comes in by balanced rock...... unless they closed it. Used to go in that way all the time

@Parma ssshhhhhh! There is no access from the west haha! That road seems to get a little better to HFRS every year- once it gets paved its all over for peace and quiet on the "primitive" side of canyonlands as well!
Yeah, the road to get there is a nightmare for all but the most capable 4wd vehicles, and it takes forever to drive there, and the scenery is subpar over on that side anyway. Totally not worth it...

Yeah, the road to get there is a nightmare for all but the most capable 4wd vehicles, and it takes forever to drive there, and the scenery is subpar over on that side anyway. Totally not worth it...
agree 100%. Definitely not worth it.

Back