New guy here

Welcome aboard! I've been wondering when all you backpacker posters where going to head this way after the new "makeover" turned out so badly. Its a pretty sweet site over here.

I'm unfamiliar. What did backpacker do.

Ben,
Backpacker spent a year trying to put together a new site and forum. They tried to roll it out a couple of times during that year and it was so non-functional they had to pull it back. After they finally rolled out the forum out for good, it had so many problems that rather than put up with such a crappy site, a lot of people bailed. They even lost most of the last year of conversation! Backpacker doesn't act like they care much and after about a month of saying they were going to fix things - pretty much nothing has been fixed.

Over at the *packer site pages load slow, navigation is slow or not at all, kicks you out, it lost everything from current to 10 months ago. I suspect they want everyone to migrate to their facebook page.. .... for starters. I pretty much bailed way before there new and improved rollout....for other reasons...

Welcome, you will find great people here and a webmaster that cares about the site..... :)

Unitahiker,
In about an hour I can be at the Buffalo National River (class 1 - 2) or Richland Creek (class 3 -4). I can hit several other creeks in the 2 - 3 range within a half an hour. The only problem with our creeks is they are all rain dependent if you want real whitewater but they still have good fishing even if you have to drag the canoe over a shoal in the summer time. The Buffalo is a wonderful place to canoe camp.
My avatar is me on Big Piney Creek which is about 20 minutes from the house.

Unitahiker,
In about an hour I can be at the Buffalo National River (class 1 - 2) or Richland Creek (class 3 -4). I can hit several other creeks in the 2 - 3 range within a half an hour. The only problem with our creeks is they are all rain dependent if you want real whitewater but they still have good fishing even if you have to drag the canoe over a shoal in the summer time. The Buffalo is a wonderful place to canoe camp.
My avatar is me on Big Piney Creek which is about 20 minutes from the house.

That sound you just heard is my wife's jealousy...thanks. Oh, and mine too. ;)

Back