New Here.

andyjaggy

I've been lurking for a few weeks now but thought I would finally post. I'm a 32 year old guy living in American Fork Utah. I am married with 2 little girls, Lily who is 2 1/2 and Aspen who is 9 months old. Their names should tell you something about how much I love the outdoors. ;)

I went through a long dry spell of about 6-7 years where I stopped doing any sort of outdoor activity, but 2 1/2 years ago it came back with a vengeance. I did 178 miles in 2013, maybe not a lot for some folks here, but it was the most I've ever hiked in a year. I'm also a pretty avid photographer and a lot of my trips and activities are focused on photography. I hike solo a lot due to the fact that it's hard to find people to go with (most people say they love to hike, but it seems few actually do it on a regular basis), especially when my photography itinerary sometimes necessities waking up pretty early and hiking in the dark at times.

Anyway, I thought I would sign up with the hope of finding some people who are as passionate about the outdoors as I am and maybe find some companions for some backpacking trips in the future.

Welcome to the site, and congrats on the 178 miles of hiking last year, that's a ton more than I hiked.

Thanks for the welcome. My goal was to hit 200 miles, so I was slightly disappointed, but it was still way more than I have ever done before. They were mostly just short trips 3-5 miles every Saturday morning, that adds up through the year.

Back