New trip for Scatman......

Its actually off the Rosebud trail... dont think very bad.

It’s a slog to get up there! Have been up in that basin once, back in 2015. Tough and very steep bushwhack to get up. The exit up toward Elestrine lake has a pretty sketchy spot but is otherwise not so bad, if you’re into rocky off trail passes. Fun story, we talked to a ranger at Elk Lake that didn’t think we could make it through.

This is kind of representative of the climb up, although most of it is MUCH more brushy.

P1080666-L.jpg

Here's a picture looking back down toward Scat's Lakes and Martin Lake
P1080785-L.jpg

If anybody wants to take a hike through this valley, let me know. I'd like to take another try at it while not suffering from altitude sickness and a bad hiking partner.

If anybody wants to take a hike through this valley, let me know. I'd like to take another try at it while not suffering from altitude sickness and a bad hiking partner.

Which was worse, the altitude sickness or the hiking partner? Either can ruin a trip from what I've heard :)

P1080785-L.jpg

You might be able to twist my arm. I'm telling you right now though, I am a bad hiking partner. Plenty on this forum who can vouch for that. ;)

P1080785-L.jpg

I'm interested, but I also have the problem of telling everyone I'm interested in trips because I legitimately am interested in almost every trip. Haha. Turns out there's only so much time to be taken off during the summer.

You might be able to twist my arm. I'm telling you right now though, I am a bad hiking partner. Plenty on this forum who can vouch for that. ;)
Nahhh....

All I can say is the rumors around the Wasatch and Ystone are legion...you know all those supposed solo hikes he writes TRs about? They didn't necessarily start out solo.
And I thought it was mtn goats by my tent in the Beartooths ... Could it have been Scat in sheep's...er goats clothing?!?

Back