Off Trail Porcupine Pass to Red Castle Lake

Perry

Formerly Cuberant
Has anyone any experience with going off trail from Porcupine Pass to Red Castle Lake?

Good info @Nick. It looks like Porcupine Pass and the pass to Red Castle are pretty close in elevation so I should be able to contour right across.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the other end how is the road in to the trailhead to Red Castle? Have you been there?

On the other end how is the road in to the trailhead to Red Castle? Have you been there?

I'd guess you're talking about China Meadows TH. I drove it last July. You could make it in any vehicle. Good roads with some loose gravel and small rocks in a few places.

I'd guess you're talking about China Meadows TH. I drove it last July. You could make it in any vehicle. Good roads with some loose gravel and small rocks in a few places.

Yes it would be China Meadows. I was thinking about the West Fork Blacks Fork trailhead going into Dead Horse Lake. I read a report on AllTrails that that road is pretty rough including a river crossing. This would be for a pick up by my wife in a 4wd truck but I wouldn't want it to too wild.

Back