Preikestolen, Pulpit Rock, Hiking Norways most Iconic and spectacular Landmark & views, Lysefjord, Norway

norwegianxplorer

Norwegian Xplorer
I had an amazing hike to Norways most iconic landmark, the Pulpit Rock, Preikestolen, earlier this month. Preikestolen is a “free standing” ledge/plateau leaning out over the Lysefjord, in Rogaland, with a 1982 ft straight drop into the fjord, offering incredible and gut wrenching views of the fjord below and surrounding mountains. Its a classic destination and I had the most wonderful weather to get the most out of it and filmed it all in 5k resolution. As a bonus I got to drive the deepest and longest sub sea tunnel to get to the trailhead. Enjoy!!

Pulpit Rock

This sure brought back memories! Thank you for posting. I visited Preikestolen in November 1988. Had a beautiful day like you had. No tunnel then, of course. We took the ferry on the drive over from Stavanger. I was over there September through December—not the best time for seeing the outdoors in western Norway. Would love to go back during the summer.

Back