REI Garage sale

DownPour

Wife got me up early to go this morning and we drove about 30 minutes to the nearest REI store. Upon arrival, the line looks like Walmart before the opening of Black Friday. Wife and I both said, "no way" and went for breakfast and decided to hit some other shops instead like a Spice and Tea shop, Yarn shop, the nearby mall where we paid visits to Macy's and the Von Maur store. We even hit a Whole Foods Grocery store next to the REI. End the "END" REI lost out on our business as we made one final pass and found 8 people still waiting in a line to go in for the sale. Sorry REI, my wallet is tapped out now......

Thanks for the reminder, I'll stop by ours on the way home. Usually not that crowded.

I don't think you guys missed out.
I went to one garage sale. Got there an hour and a half before opening, so was the 9th person in line.
I didn't find anything. The Garage Sales just aren't for me.
I am sure there are hidden gems, but in my experience, everything looked heavily used and there were too many people crawling over one another to get it. I would rather just pay full price haha

I don't think you guys missed out.
I went to one garage sale. Got there an hour and a half before opening, so was the 9th person in line.
I didn't find anything. The Garage Sales just aren't for me.
I am sure there are hidden gems, but in my experience, everything looked heavily used and there were too many people crawling over one another to get it. I would rather just pay full price haha

Yea, I did not expect to find much myself but I was not going to stand in 30 degree weather waiting to get in either.

Back