Album Rivers and Streams

Rafting through the Aufeis It can be as dangerous as it is beautiful.91.JPG 92 Awesome Aufeis.JPG 123.JPG

My wife Nancy on the approach along Purple Creek to Ram Lake in the Sierra Nevada, above the John Muir Trail in 1983.

I0000EYirHt.hKQw.jpg

Last edited:
Not the greatest picture ever, but spending an afternoon fishing here was one of the highlights of a recent trip. Taylor River in the Gunnison, CO area.

utah-colorado-2018-320-L.jpg

Not the best footage but I ran into a bunch of sockeye salmon running upstream while backpacking Resurrection Pass in the Chugach Wilderness in Alaska last week. These guys were about 2.5-3’ long and probably explain all the grizzly tracks and scat along the trail throughout the trip.

Colorado River this afternoon.
A quick sliver of sun.
Just a few days ago I thought I had come a long way the last couple of years controlling my fear of heights. Today on Shafer trail road from Moab to Canyonlands I thought, hm... maybe not!
(When we finally reached the top, we were too late to say hello to @Scott Chandler today.)

3D0A36C4-E27C-497A-BCFF-D91DD38BE663.jpeg

Went on a very short evening hike along the Missouri River. Nice sunset. The body of water in the following pics is a manmade backwater chute dredged out several years back as a habitat restoration effort.

121018-24-L.jpg

On the far right you can see where the chute meets the Missouri River
121018-18-XL.jpg

Back