Sleeping Bag Repair (With Tape)

Mike K

I have a seam that's come apart on the hood of my nice Montbell bag (about a inch long). I should have (and maybe still should) just send it in for repair. But, after some research I've opted to just fix it with some tape.

My question is: Do any of you have any experience with Kenyon K-Tape or Tenacious Tape? Any other recommendations?

Thanks.

I don't have any experience with those brands, but I've used tape from my first aid kit to tape up seams and a rip on a Western Mountaineering bag. The tape has lasted several years and a lot of bag use without coming apart. The tape I'm talking about is the kind you would use to wrap someone's finger up if they had a good size cut.

So I think tape in general works. I was going to send my bag in to get it fixed, but haven't needed to. And I imagine the brands your looking at would work even better since they are designed for fabric.

Put duct tape on a old down Trailwise bag , never came off in the ten years before I got a new bag.

Duct tape sticks pretty good in areas of no motion.

I have tenacious tape, but I've never used it. I hear it's quite tenacious and stays where you put it. I think it's worth a shot.

I used Tear Aid type A on my Moonstone bag, seems to be holding up well so far, a little over a year.

Cool, thanks guys. It seems like most tapes will work fine from your experiences. I ordered some of the Kenyon tape. I'll give it a go to see how it holds up. I need to wash that bag so it'll be a good test!

Back