Spot/InReach for May?

Jammer

❤2Hike
This might be a long shot, but... anybody in SLC have a SPOT/inReach/etc which they don't plan to use for the month of May and would be willing to rent it to me?

I'm heading out for another big hike this weekend. I planned on going without tracking this time, but... the family wasn't too crazy about that idea when I broke the news. o_O So, now looking for a last-minute option.

Thanks.

This might be a long shot, but... anybody in SLC have a SPOT/inReach/etc which they don't plan to use for the month of May and would be willing to rent it to me?

I'm heading out for another big hike this weekend. I planned on going without tracking this time, but... the family wasn't too crazy about that idea when I broke the news. o_O So, now looking for a last-minute option.

Thanks.
Why not a sat phone. They can be rented for sure without the InReach hassle. Google it up. Lots of vendors.

Why not a sat phone. They can be rented for sure without the InReach hassle. Google it up. Lots of vendors.

Yeah -- I just kinda cheaped out this time and wanted to avoid some of the hassle (ie power consumption, storage, more chk ins, etc.) I felt OK with it, I just didn't think about the reaction of my parents who love to track my progress and take comfort in added security. In the past I've always rented a SAT phone or a Cerberus (which I like), but the people I've dealt with are based on the east coast which would take too long to get now. Found one SLC company, but they were pricey (ie $500 for the month!)

If nick can't help, I'd love to let you borrow mine. In SLC

Found one SLC company, but they were pricey (ie $500 for the month!)

Who were you looking at in SLC? I've rented from Russ at Skycall Satellite before. I'm not sure what his monthly rate would be, but he's worth a shot if you haven't talked to him yet.

Back