Stevens/Fold Canyon loop (Glen Canyon NRA)

Amazing trip + report! I know it's been a while, but I was wondering how you felt about your campsites. Were there any areas you passed that you really wish you had spent the night at? I'm planning a trip and would love to cherry-pick some spots!

I've done the loop 3 times now, plus portions a few other times. My sites are usually picked based on where I am at the end of the day, plus any wind considerations. I shaved a day off my time this past trip, so I got to mix up my usual sites a bit.

Fold and Stevens Canyons have a number of nice slickrock side canyons. I don't love camping near the entrance to Fools Canyon; it's gotten impacted by the rafting crowd. I would like to camp in upper Fools Canyon near the cattle trail exit at some point, but haven't.

I've done the loop 3 times now, plus portions a few other times. My sites are usually picked based on where I am at the end of the day, plus any wind considerations. I shaved a day off my time this past trip, so I got to mix up my usual sites a bit.

Fold and Stevens Canyons have a number of nice slickrock side canyons. I don't love camping near the entrance to Fools Canyon; it's gotten impacted by the rafting crowd. I would like to camp in upper Fools Canyon near the cattle trail exit at some point, but haven't.
Thanks for the speedy reply! And nice re: the speedy hiking, haha. This is a great tip. We were originally thinking about staying near the entrance to Fools Canyon for a night but will now adjust course if we can. Thanks a million!

Even if you wanted to camp on that beach near Fools, there's a chance it will be occupied once packrafting season sets in in full force. There are some other sandy sites upriver from there though.

Back