The Grotto of Grayson Lake. Kentucky.

BJett

Its been a very dry fall so far and the colors have been subpar in Kentucky, and the creeks bone dry. A few inches of rain over the weekend was the ticket, and I finally got to explore a waterfall I've been saving for the perfect conditions.
Known as the Grotto of Grayson Lake, this two-tiered waterfall is a stunner. Its a hidden gem, tucked away in a remote cove in one of eastern Kentucky's most beautiful lakes. The leaves are just starting to pop...

I've had Grayson Lake on my todo list for a while, but it is a little far for a daytrip. Were there many powerboats?

Looks absolutely beautiful. Amazing shots.

What brand and model of kayak do you have? Looks like a good boat. I've been on the market for a long time but still haven't pulled the trigger on one.

I've had Grayson Lake on my todo list for a while, but it is a little far for a daytrip. Were there many powerboats?
just a few fisherman. Maybe 3 boats on the lake...very quiet. Next week should be perfect for flow and color if it rains this weekend.

Looks absolutely beautiful. Amazing shots.

What brand and model of kayak do you have? Looks like a good boat. I've been on the market for a long time but still haven't pulled the trigger on one.
Thanks! I got the Eddyline Fathom LV, the LV is made for smaller paddlers. Its a composite boat, super light and FAST. I've done one overnight trip, definitely room for 2-3 nights worth. I'm coming from a whitewater background so all this flatwater stuff is new to me.
Its 15'6", 48 pounds.

Thanks! I got the Eddyline Fathom LV, the LV is made for smaller paddlers. Its a composite boat, super light and FAST. I've done one overnight trip, definitely room for 2-3 nights worth. I'm coming from a whitewater background so all this flatwater stuff is new to me.
Its 15'6", 48 pounds.
Thanks for the info! Sure is a sharp-looking boat. I'd definitely like to get into some overnight paddling.

Beautiful pictures. Another are of the country for the future list.

Thanks for sharing!

The east definitely has its charms. Great photos !

Back