Where is it -- TV/Movie Edition

Jammer

❤2Hike
I love watching commercials (or movies, or TV shows, etc.) and trying to pinpoint the shoot location. I thought maybe a thread of these could be fun. Not sure if there are enough (easily captured) to sustain a popular thread, but maybe. Also, it could be hard to do a "winner up" method, so I'd suggest just a free-for-all if you happen to see something interesting.

To start... I saw a random pharmaceutical commercial with a couple riding horses near an interesting peak. The catch is... I do NOT know where this is, but I'm curious. (I know... bad first example!) So... anybody know where this is?

WII_TV.jpg

I love watching commercials (or movies, or TV shows, etc.) and trying to pinpoint the shoot location. I thought maybe a thread of these could be fun. Not sure if there are enough (easily captured) to sustain a popular thread, but maybe. Also, it could be hard to do a "winner up" method, so I'd suggest just a free-for-all if you happen to see something interesting.

To start... I saw a random pharmaceutical commercial with a couple riding horses near an interesting peak. The catch is... I do NOT know where this is, but I'm curious. (I know... bad first example!) So... anybody know where this is?

View attachment 32688
Looks shopped... do you know it is real?

Looks shopped... do you know it is real?

I agree. I think the colors looked better and more realistic in the original ad (and I think it was a moving shot making it harder to fake), but yeah... that geology just doesn't look realistic. But... everything else in the ad seemed straightforward eye candy.

I saw this on HBO's 'The Brink' last Sunday. I can't find an exact match online, but I'm pretty sure some of the background landscape is photoshopped to look more like Pakistan, but I could be wrong. I've never been here. Hint: it's not Pakistan.

Screen Shot 2015-07-30 at 12.46.03 PM.png

Definitely looks shopped to me too but looks like Conejos, CO area or anything on the Eastern flank of the San Juans to me.

Ahh.... I missed the follow-up on this. I've seen the commercial a few more times since and it still doesn't look real to me (though the rest of the ad is very plain in terms of outdoors shots.)

Last edited:
A new one? How about this older Sheryl Crow video? Bonus if you can name the source of the stream seen in the bg (good shot at 2:51). :)

Man, some of the strum syncing in that video is just terrible. In some shots she's clearly playing at a different tempo than the recording and mumbling the lyrics. It's like the editor just said "**** it."

Gentleman Bronco's was pretty damn good actually, for what it is.

Made by the same people as Napoleon Dynamite.

Back