Writing a trip report. I don't know how to do that but would like to know.

How do I write a TR? Can I save and continue later? Please help.
I type them up in Microsoft Word. Then when the story is done copy and paste the entire thing at one time.

Easier for me to see my grammatical and spelling errors in a word program than typing the story on the forum.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Others will chime in but I use a variation on blueeyes's technique. I assemble the pictures in a folder all tuned up. Then I write the piece in another program like word or a text editor. Then I upload the text into a new post. Next step is to upload some/all of the pictures and insert them after captions. I prefer an annotation or caption for each image. Publish and then final step - proofread and repair. Bring it on!

Thank you, Artimus. Like you, I prefer a caption with each picture.
You are welcome. Unfortunately there is no option to save a draft so you can't really have a work in process in the forum software.

Another note... I like to intersperse the pictures IN the story. Many people are masterful at that here. I have captions for each picture but I also have snippets of the story interspersed with pictures too. Makes it more fun to read, at least for me. Looking forward to your work...

I just type everything out on the website.
I usually only attach the photos that flow with the story (and do it after I write the story) and usually add captions.
I have had a couple of "oh sh**" moments, because you cannot save. Luckily, I can usually control+z and get it back.
I like the way everyone does it. Some people mix the photos in the middle, some people just use them as attachments or put them all at the end. Whatever way you choose will be great!

x2 for just typing it up on the website. Although the copy and paste method sounds like it worth a try.

You are welcome. Unfortunately there is no option to save a draft so you can't really have a work in process in the forum software.

Another note... I like to intersperse the pictures IN the story. Many people are masterful at that here. I have captions for each picture but I also have snippets of the story interspersed with pictures too. Makes it more fun to read, at least for me. Looking forward to your work...
I don't have time or patients to intersperse the pictures. Plus I know some people just look at pictures and don't read the story. So I paste the story first and add picture all at one time. And on some photos add caption.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

My shorter ones get typed on the website. Longer ones that I may want to keep for myself for later reference or repost elsewhere get typed up offline on a text editor of some kind.

I write mine on here all at once. I start by uploading all of the pictures and inserting them all at once. Then I start writing, mixing the text with the photos and working my way down.

You could always dictate them, like I did this post. This post. SometimesIt gets confused. And messes everything up

Probably easier to type it up.

Back