WYOMING: Continental Divide Trail Fire Closure

Absarokanaut

WYOMING:

The CDT is now closed from Sheridan Pass to Pilot Knob along the border of the Shoshone and Bridger-Teton National Forests. The Lava Mt. Fire is almost 500 acres and we are having strong afternoon winds.

Meanwhile the Cliff Creek Fire in the Bridger-Teton near Bondurant is almost 7,000 acres since it's 2:30 PM Sunday discovery when it was less than an acre.

I believe both fires were caused by lightning strikes. Mandatory evacuations now include for Granite Creek between Hoback Jct. and Bondurant. HWY 191 remains closed between Daniel Jct. and Hoback Jct.

Many thanks for all incident staff. Stay safe hikers.

I could see smoke flumes from where I was working today along Falls Creek road. Tetons were very hazy and smokey earlier today.

John, want to grab a beer Thursday evening? I work until 6pm-ish. Maybe someplace like Eleanor's? I don't have a phone, so message me on here.

Joey I messaged you, sorry I missed you. You know I'm at the Silver Dollar almost every Happy Hour.

Joey I messaged you, sorry I missed you. You know I'm at the Silver Dollar almost every Happy Hour.
No worries. This last trip down to Jackson wasn't as long as I planned. I'll be back down in a few weeks to work a few days again. I'll meet you at the Silver Dollar. Was times are Happy Hour?

You work?!

I want Joey's job...

Haha, I'm probably the poorest guy you guys know. But I'm having the time of my life.

I basically live out of my van. But most of my time is spent in a tent in the backcountry. I make less than 5 grand per year. When I need money, I pick up short term jobs with temp service agencies in SLC, Missoula, Kalsipel, and Jackson. Jackson is the best, because it pays $14 per hour. I've also developed a network of people who give me work when I come to town. Then there are people like @Artemus and @Bob, who also give me work and pay me way too much, not to mention cooking me breakfast and dinner. I try to work as little as possible. I can live off of $250 a month. Gas, food, and car insurance are my only expenses. Its hard to spend money when i'm in the woods for 2 weeks at a time.

Back