Backpacking the Uncompahgre Wilderness

tomcat32

There were a couple trips in Colorado's San Juans on my short list for backpacking trips. One of them was a trip in the Uncompahgre Wilderness. Sept 17th I set off for a loop for a few days. Originally I intended to loop around both Wetterhorn and Uncompahgre Peaks but a thunderstorm dropped some snow up high. Slick terrain and a highly exposed class 3 of Wetterhorn didn't sound as fun with ice and snow so I skipped the loop around Wetterhorn. I hiked about 50 miles including a summit of 14,309' Uncompahgre Peak. The full trip report and over 100 photos are at my blog link below.

http://tomcatoutdoors.blogspot.com/2017/09/backpacking-uncompahgre-wilderness.html

Here are a few photos to get an idea
Uncompahgre Sept17-18 056.jpg Uncompahgre Sept17-18 034.jpg Uncompahgre Sept17-18 016.jpg Uncompahgre Sept17-18 104.jpg Uncompahgre Sept17-18 137.jpg Uncompahgre Sept17-18 153.jpg Uncompahgre Sept17-18 164.jpg Uncompahgre Sept17-18 171.jpg

Just realized you're the same Tomcat who wrote the TR for the Sheridan/Sherman from Iowa Gulch hike I just read on 14ers, lol. Running up there with a buddy tomorrow. Ping me if you're ever in a mood for company.

Just realized you're the same Tomcat who wrote the TR for the Sheridan/Sherman from Iowa Gulch hike I just read on 14ers, lol. Running up there with a buddy tomorrow. Ping me if you're ever in a mood for company.
One and the same. Where are you located in Colorado? I'm about 20 mins from Salida down US 50 to the east.

One and the same. Where are you located in Colorado? I'm about 20 mins from Salida down US 50 to the east.

I'm in Castle Rock, 2-3 hours to your east.

Back