Bag Night Challenge 2012

I'm heading down to the Goblin Valley/Temple Mountain area tomorrow and will be camping six days and five nights. I kinda wish I was tent camping, but since my family is joining me for the weekend, I'll have to suffer through having forced-air heat at night, A/C during the day, fridge/freezer (ice and cold cola for mixing drinks :thumbsup:), full stove and oven, a real mattress to sleep on, and fresh-brewed coffee from a real coffee maker each morning. :roflmao: I'll have to do some catching up on the Bag Night Challenge in the next few weekends after this one.

I'm heading down to the Goblin Valley/Temple Mountain area tomorrow and will be camping six days and five nights. I kinda wish I was tent camping, but since my family is joining me for the weekend, I'll have to suffer through having forced-air heat at night, A/C during the day, fridge/freezer (ice and cold cola for mixing drinks :thumbsup:), full stove and oven, a real mattress to sleep on, and fresh-brewed coffee from a real coffee maker each morning. :roflmao: I'll have to do some catching up on the Bag Night Challenge in the next few weekends after this one.

tossing around the possibility of a short trip down to the swell this weekend (and next)... wanna hang out?

tossing around the possibility of a short trip down to the swell this weekend (and next)... wanna hang out?
Yeah, totally. If you're in the area, stop by my camp. I'm hoping to be at N 38° 39.299' W 110° 39.514', but if that spot's taken I'll be about a quarter-mile northwest in the "people pasture". Hitting up Wild Horse Creek on Saturday, but other than that I don't have much planned yet, just gonna play it by ear.

I'll be there this Wednesday through Sunday. What time is dinner?!!!!!! :D

Total Bag nights: 8

3-8 to 3-11 - North wash /sandthrax area
3/13 to 3/14 - Triassic bouldering area.
3/30 to 4/1 - The Swell
4/13-4/15 - Arches

I keep forgetting to to TR's on my last two. promise I'll get to them ... sometime...

Total: 10 Nights

Jan 1-2 | Vermillion Cliffs | 1 Night
Jan 13-14 | Island in The Sky | 1 Night
March 10-22 | Coal Pits Wash | 1 Night
March 23-25 | Sand Creek | 2 Nights
April 6-8 | Little Death Hollow | 2 Nights
April 19-22 | Maidenwater, Trachyte and Swett | 3 nights

Spent one night in the tent this weekend then two on the tarp with a chorus of frogs around me. :)

Total: 10

3/16 & 3/17 Escalante - in an empty calf creek campground
3/22 & 3/23 Island in the sky
3/30 Kodachorme basin
3/31 white pocket
4/8 Samuel P Taylor State Park, CA
4/9 Backpacking in Point Reyes, CA
4/20 & 4/21 Capitol Reef

I finally got on the board!!! :D

Total: 3 Nights

4-18 to 4/21| San Rafael Swell

Total: 12 Nights

Jan 1-2 | Vermillion Cliffs | 1 Night
Jan 13-14 | Island in The Sky | 1 Night
March 10-22 | Coal Pits Wash | 1 Night
March 23-25 | Sand Creek | 2 Nights
April 6-8 | Little Death Hollow | 2 Nights
April 19-22 | Maidenwater, Trachyte and Swett | 3 nights
April 27-29 | North Temple Wash & Chimney Canyon | 2 Nights

Still rocking the tarp. :cool:

Total: 12

3/16 & 3/17 Escalante - in an empty calf creek campground
3/22 & 3/23 Island in the sky
3/30 Kodachorme basin
3/31 white pocket
4/8 Samuel P Taylor State Park, CA
4/9 Backpacking in Point Reyes, CA
4/20 & 4/21 Capitol Reef
4/46 & 4/27 San Rafael Swell

Phew, I just barely squeezed in an April overnighter. I'm still trying for at least one night in a tent (or under the stars, if the weather would cooperate) each month this year.

Total 5
1/15/2012 - Base of the San Rafael Reef between Farnsworth and North Temple
2/17/2012 - Garvin's Chimney near Old Woman Wash
3/9/2012 - San Rafael Reef south of Iron Wash
3/23/2012 - Garvin's Chimney near Old Woman Wash
4/27/2012 - Spring Canyon, San Rafael Reef (just south of Black Dragon)

Total: 4 Nights

April 7-8 | Comb Wash | 1 Night
April 21-22 | Muley Point | 1 Night
April 28-29 | Dominguez Canyon | 1 Night
May 5-6| Indian Creek | 1 Night

I have four so far.

All in the Coyote Gulch area.

April 22nd - 26th

Back