Bear Grylls Fired by Discovery!

Hahaha. Sorry man. I think Bear is kind of a douche. Bring back Les Stroud!!!!!! Survivor man rules!
I respect Les because he did it all on his own, but he seemed like such a geek/annoying in his own way.

I always thought Bear seemed like he would be a cool guy, but the situations he presented seemed over the top. You have to admit though, the dude does some ballsy stuff on the show.

I respect Les because he did it all on his own, but he seemed like such a geek/annoying in his own way.

I always thought Bear seemed like he would be a cool guy, but the situations he presented seemed over the top. You have to admit though, the dude does some ballsy stuff on the show.

True. Just about everything he did on the show was outrageous and over the top but that's what Discovery was pushing I'm sure. This story sounds like he probably got tired of giving in to their demands so they got rid of him.

Hahaha. Sorry man. I think Bear is kind of a douche. Bring back Les Stroud!!!!!! Survivor man rules!
On November 23, 2011, Stroud's official website announced the show will be returning for a series of specials in which he would "up the ante" by surviving alone in 10 day stretches—three more days than in previous episodes.The four, hour-long specials are being produced and will premiere summer 2012.

On November 23, 2011, Stroud's official website announced the show will be returning for a series of specials in which he would "up the ante" by surviving alone in 10 day stretches—three more days than in previous episodes.The four, hour-long specials are being produced and will premiere summer 2012.

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! :D :frantic: :twothumbs:

I watched both shows, but Les Stroud presented more of what might actually happen. There's not one person I know that would dangle off a cliff just to get out of the woods. Way Extreme! Dual Survival is a pretty good show it just doesn't show surviving alone like Stroud does, but good none the less.

I remember his Canyonlands episode and he only lasted like 3 days before he needed to get out with help (beacon). He couldn't find water and was suffering.

Now where are we going to get pee drinking jokes from....

I remember his Canyonlands episode and he only lasted like 3 days before he needed to get out with help (beacon). He couldn't find water and was suffering.

He did bail early in that episode, but in his defense, he still made it 6 days. Les rules! :cool:

Les Stroud is the man!!!!! He is a true survivor in my book.... I don't mind Bear, he's entertaining to watch and I mostly watched to see the country he was in!

Back