Album Black & White

From the Wayback Machine. Circa late 20th Century.
Long story short: Exposures on 35mm Kodak color negative film. Scanned and stitched in 2008.
I finally put the finishing touches on in Lightroom 6 a few minutes ago.
Maligne Lake. Jasper National Park. Alberta, Canada.
Thanks for looking.

Maligne Lake Pano - B&W - Web.jpg

Wayne

From the Wayback Machine. Circa late 20th Century.
Long story short: Exposures on 35mm Kodak color negative film. Scanned and stitched in 2008.
I finally put the finishing touches on in Lightroom 6 a few minutes ago.
Maligne Lake. Jasper National Park. Alberta, Canada.
Thanks for looking.

View attachment 77616

Wayne
Way cool, really a classic!

Beetison House, Ashland, Nebraska

"The home's original owner was Israel Beetison, an Englishman who moved to Massachusetts in 1845 and later moved to a homestead in Nebraska in the 1860s. He commissioned local masons to carve 18-inch-thick limestone blocks out of a South Bend and Louisville quarry. A team of horses and wagons dragged the blocks nearly 10 miles across what is now I-80 to the homestead. They built a 1,800 square-foot house -- four bedrooms, living room, a kitchen and dirt floor cellar.

A hand-written document from 1977 found in the State Historical Society said the home was built so solidly it could last "for centuries."

That document was part of the application and review of the home for the National Register of Historic Places. "The house stands as one of the finest examples of Italianate architecture style in Nebraska," the document states.

Along with the historical value of the home, the area also is rich with history -- Ox-Bow Trail ruts run through the land, and 900-year-old Native American burial grounds were discovered there in 1937, according to state preservation documents.

According to family lore, Pawnee Indians used to come to the house in the early days to trade blankets for eggs, chickens and other goods." (Lincoln, Journal-Star)

P3210056-Pano.jpg

Back