Lake Powell Trip in September

Nik

I am planning a trip to Page Arizona this September and wanted recommendations on things to do around page. I have a two year old son who will be joining my wife and I for the trip. Any recommendations would be helpful.

I'm not very familiar with the Page area. I've checked out Horseshoe Bend which is cool but quick. Then you've got the stuff to the west of course, Wahweap, Toadstools and the whole Paria, Coyote Buttes, White Pocket, etc. I bet Miss Buffalo, Philippe and some of the others might have some better suggestions though. I know that a lot of that stuff is on reservation so it's not quite as simple as some other places, one of the reasons I've stayed away.

Reactions: Nik
somehow I missed this one here, sorry, Nik

I have no idea what is doable with a 2 year old, because I have no kids. But some of the easier things to do are Horseshoe Bend(sunset and sunrise work both fine), Antelope Canyons, then Lone Rock Beach.
Then there are a lot of interesting Rock formations to visit.
One example are the Toadstool Hoodoos next to highway 89, then Studhorse Point. The road can be a little bit sandy.
There are also options along Cottonwood Canyon Road with the Cottonwood Narrows or go as far as to the Kanab area with Coral Pink Sand Dunes SP, the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary

What kind of vehicle will you have? Interested in driving some dirt roads?

Reactions: Nik
In addition to what the others have mentioned, Lees Ferry is only about a 30 minute drive from Page, and is a nice place to spend a couple hours. You can visit the Navajo Bridges and spot some condors if you're lucky. The Balanced Rocks are a neat roadside stop. You can walk around the historic district for an interesting glimpse into the past. This is where many rafting trips into the Grand Canyon begin, but you can also take a boat from Page down to Lees Ferry and experience the part of Glen Canyon that isn't dammed.

In addition to what the others have mentioned, Lees Ferry is only about a 30 minute drive from Page, and is a nice place to spend a couple hours. You can visit the Navajo Bridges and spot some condors if you're lucky. The Balanced Rocks are a neat roadside stop. You can walk around the historic district for an interesting glimpse into the past. This is where many rafting trips into the Grand Canyon begin, but you can also take a boat from Page down to Lees Ferry and experience the part of Glen Canyon that isn't dammed.

yeah, I agree with you, Lisa. I forgot about Lee's Ferry. Lonely Dell Ranch is nice, too.

somehow I missed this one here, sorry, Nik

I have no idea what is doable with a 2 year old, because I have no kids. But some of the easier things to do are Horseshoe Bend(sunset and sunrise work both fine), Antelope Canyons, then Lone Rock Beach.
Then there are a lot of interesting Rock formations to visit.
One example are the Toadstool Hoodoos next to highway 89, then Studhorse Point. The road can be a little bit sandy.
There are also options along Cottonwood Canyon Road with the Cottonwood Narrows or go as far as to the Kanab area with Coral Pink Sand Dunes SP, the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary

What kind of vehicle will you have? Interested in driving some dirt roads?

Thanks for your input. We will probably see the various rock formations you recommended such as Stud Horse Point and the Toadstool Hoodoos. I will be renting a standard SUV and since i haven't done a lot of off-road driving, i will probably select a guide who would take us out to the White Pockets and Coyote Buttes South.

Man, I would be a nervous wreck bringing my two year old to horseshoe bend...make sure you have him/her on a leash!!! Maybe a boat trip out to Rainbow Bridge as another option if your two year old can sit for a couple hours.

Back