Meet the woman who knows Bears Ears best

I like the Social Media bit. I whole-heartedly agree with it, but it's ironic she gets to put out a book showing off the location of many of those sensitive sites. Then again, people looking for a guide book on the area and who take the time to read through it are more likely to be the right kind of crowd to be out there, I would hope. It's the instant gratification of geo-tagged social media posts of the very photogenic spots that tends to draw the bigger masses out which are more likely to include less careful visitors.

Honestly, though, I'm actually pleasantly surprised by that TOC listing as it doesn't expose much of anything that wasn't already freely available in other books, blog pots, forum TR's, etc, and I do like the well laid out requests to minimize impact when visiting and exploring down there. Thanks @JulieKT. Might be worth an add to my small but growing library, too. In fact, I still need to order your book...and I'll expect you to autograph the cover sometime during one of my Torrey visits. ;)

Ok this person's social media presence is super irritating, at least to me personally. Honestly though, this isn't going to interfere with pending litigation. In fact, I was tossing around the idea of doing exactly this last week (until I realized that you have to put up "conspicuous" posts at the corner of your claim, and I don't need to deface a landscape like that).

I think a lot of this is a knee-jerk reaction to the nausea that is Instagram celebrity culture and all the baggage that comes with that. And people only make it worse when they write articles about her.

Last edited:
White 4 inch PVC pipe in a stack of rocks is all it takes

Back