Mount Timpanogos conditions 2013

Ndheiner

Has anyone hiked Timp recently that could report on the snow levels in meadow and trail to summit?

Thanks Tim. Thats still a lot of Snow = extra gear. Headed up there this weekend too, don't know which day yet tho or if overnighter Sat, definitely bringing a trash bag to sled with on the gentler slopes. yeah!

For those that might be curious I did end up making a run up Timp yesterday, via Aspen Grove. We encountered sporadic, easy patches of snow in Primrose Cirque and a long, traversing stretch above Timpanogos Basin--all of which was easily defeated due to the snow's extremely soft and sticky state. We carried axes but didn't need em. Hiking poles and Microspikes (and a modicum of caution) of some form or another still highly advised, however. Emerald Lake still holds a little ice and snow, but is about half thawed. Dry camping opportunities abound near the Lake and over in Timp Basin as well. Crazy how fast it's melting--most of the snow fields had a vastly different character on the way back down--only several hours after we first crossed them.

I saw you made it to the Summit! Thank you very much for the status report! I'll wait until 6/29 to overnight-er it at Emerald tho.

Back