Noob in Montana

MikeM

HI there. I was browsing for some information on a backpacking trip I am planning for next summer and stumbled across this site and thought I would introduce myself. I look forward to learning from you all and enjoying all your posts!

I live in Southwest Montana and like to spend as much of my free time as possible in the Pintlers, Tobacco Roots, or East Pioneer Mountains. I've got three kids, and also love to take them out exploring with me.

As part of my introduction, here's a picture from a trip this past weekend in the Tobacco Roots!

Tobacco Roots 1.jpg

Hello Mike and welcome. Looking forward to seeing some trip reports from your neck of the woods.

Welcome. This site is addictive. Nick is a total stud for running it. He may even send you free stickers if he has some. Who does that?

Welcome. This site is addictive. Nick is a total stud for running it. He may even send you free stickers if he has some. Who does that?

Ha! Thanks. And yes, I do have lots of free stickers. It just takes me a few months to get around to sending them sometimes. :oops: I think I'm about due to go send a batch though.

Welcome to BCP, Mike!

Ha! Thanks. And yes, I do have lots of free stickers. It just takes me a few months to get around to sending them sometimes. :oops: I think I'm about due to go send a batch though.

Welcome to BCP, Mike!

Hey, can I get in on that batch of stickers that are due to be sent? I'll send you my address in a private message.

Welcome @MikeM! As an expat of the great city of Butte, I'm really looking forward to your TRs! It's always nice to find new options and ideas for when I am home in MT. I'm sure you will find this site very usefull in your planning and wanderlust stoking. @John Goering has already posted an Encyclopedia from the Tobacco Roots. Have fun!

Welcome aboard Mike! Spent too much time in Butte and Anaconda digging holes (happy to be retired) but a rather large heap of history resides there-at least with respect to Montana and mining.

Thanks for the welcome.
@John Goering I checked out a few of your posts about the T-Roots. Good reports, we seem to hang out in some of the same places.

@AustinCronnelly I think we have a few friends in common from Butte. I've seen your pics on Facebook and Instagram, good stuff! :twothumbs:

Thank you all for the welcomes. I look forward to being part of the community.

Back