Album The dogs of backcountrypost.com

We hike often with our dog Georgia. She has loads of energy and I have a hard time keeping up with her. These are from last summer in various places like Peekaboo & Spooky Slots, Willow Springs Narrows, Utah and Dominguez Canyon - Co

Georgia at peekaboo.jpgGeorgia running.jpgSteve, Donna and Georgia in Peekaboo.jpgGeorgia in the muddy water.jpg

I guess I'll post a couple from our girls we lost last year before posting the other.

This is Skye, she passed suddenly in September of last year 3 days before our Grand Canyon trip, she was 14. Loosing her was horrible enough, but if she had gone while we were out of town that next week... ugh! At least we were there with her through it.
Skye.jpg

This is Lakota, she was also 14 when we lost her last year the Sunday after Christmas.
Lakota.jpg

A backcountry dog requiem:
La Bella Luna,
- we said goodbye two weeks ago to our little Luna after 14 years of life through which she greatly enhanced ours. She left peacefully and we will never be over her. Her hallmarks were intelligence, athleticism and focus. She never failed to do her "job" whatever it was we asked her to do. She was the first real border collie temperament and focus-wise of our 4 or 5 border collie rescues. She has graced this thread many times but here are a few more photos.
20071004-IMG_1409_1.jpg20170505-untitled-2307.jpg20080301-IMG_1986.jpg20191004-image001.jpg20130720-P1040882-Edit-Edit.jpg

@Artemus so very sorry about your pup, but you can rest well knowing she had the best life possible with you guys. She won the dog lottery.

And jumping into that pothole? What courage! And climbing trees - LOL. A beautiful dog.

Last edited:
La Bella Luna,
- we said goodbye two weeks ago to our little Luna after 14 years of life through which she greatly enhanced ours. She left peacefully and we will never be over her. Her hallmarks were intelligence, athleticism and focus. She never failed to do her "job" whatever it was we asked her to do. She was the first real border collie temperament and focus-wise of our 4 or 5 border collie rescues. She has graced this thread many times but here are a few more photos.
View attachment 99352View attachment 99351View attachment 99353View attachment 99355View attachment 99354

That shot of her jumping into that pool is incredible. Sorry to hear of her passing, and I'm glad I got to her meet her a couple years back at that meetup. She was such a sharp dog.

La Bella Luna,
View attachment 99352View attachment 99351View attachment 99353View attachment 99355View attachment 99354
My condolences Artemus. We had a border collie that was Luna's twin. Darby was a really great dog too. Best with cattle that we ever had.

51263623809_497a400d2b_3k.jpg

La Bella Luna,

Sorry to hear that Art! Beautiful girl!

Back