A short highlight video from 2015

Joey

walking somewhere
I have put together a 4 minute video, to act as a preview for 24 backpacking trips I filmed this year. I will be working on editing these videos over the next 3 months, as well as writing up some trip reports. 7 active posters from the BCP forums can be seen in the video: @scatman , @Artemus , @Chuck the Mauler , @Bob , @Keith , @Vegan.Hiker , and @Ben . Bob is the hardest one to spot, unless you know what kind of pack he uses. :) Special thanks to everyone I shared the trail with this year. Hope you enjoy:

I'm a stealth bp'r.

Close. Those are the Wigwams directly in front of me. Mica lake is behind me, but visible from that edge.

Excellent. Your trips look incredible. Really looking forward to those reports and seeing the other videos.

And great song choice. "My body tells me no. But I won't quit, 'cause I want more." No matter what they're truly singing about, what a great way to sum up backpacking trips, especially when you put in 24 of them in a year.

Gorgeous and well put together clips. I can hardly wait for the TR's to come!

What are you filming with if I may ask? And editing with?

Awesome video @Joey !!!

My favorite video of the year! Well shot, well produced and well experienced Mister.

What are you filming with if I may ask? And editing with?
Most of those shots are with a Nikon D3200. I also use a GoPro 3 Black. I really haven't been a big fan of the GoPro, but I'm slowly figuring out how to use it better. I use Adobe's Premier Elements to edit. It's there basic editing software.

And great song choice. "My body tells me no. But I won't quit, 'cause I want more." No matter what they're truly singing about, what a great way to sum up backpacking trips, especially when you put in 24 of them in a year.
LOL, yeah I'm not sure if that's what they're talking about, but I used it to my advantage. I actually picked it for the tempo, and after editing it realized how much the words fit.

Hope to see you at one of our beer nights soon.

Man Joey when you get all these up, it will be a real treat. Nice video, i did think the song was the Volbeat version at first though:) very well put together

Close. Those are the Wigwams directly in front of me. Mica lake is behind me, but visible from that edge.
I've never been above Mica, only to it. The location looked right, however I should have noticed the color of the water. As I recall Mica was more teal like.
Anyway, thanks for the hard work on the video. I'm fortunate to have been a small part of your 2015 adventures and look forward to more in 2016. Merry Christmas, Joey. Be well.

Whoa! Chock full of epic scenery! Great job on the vid.. it's very well done. I too, feel fortunate to have shared a tiny bit of trail with you this year and look forward to the next one in just a few months.

SO great @Joey. What a year! While I'm very happy someone (you) has made the priorities, and put yourself out in these remarkable experiences, I can't help but feel some deep envy.

Keep up the videos, I can at least live vicariously.

Back