Anyone going to The Winds over Labor Day?

Nick

-
I'm exploring some options for Labor Day weekend and was wondering if anyone is going to be in The Winds that weekend? Not looking to join up or anything, just exploring possibilities of maybe getting a ride from Pinedale up to the Elkhart trailhead with you or something along those lines (just me). Let me know...

Have you tried getting a shuttle from the places in town? Do you need a car dropped off or just a ride to Pinedale?

I haven't checked in town. I mostly would just need either a ride down to Pinedale from the Elkhart TH at the end of my hike or someone to help me drop off my vehicle up there ahead of time. Pretty sure I could get a ride from Pinedale up to Green River Lakes with the group I'd hike in with since they'd be driving past. Just don't want to bother them with the shuttling since their time is very limited.

yeah, you can get a shuttle in town for the stretch from elkhart to pinedale, or hitch. if you can drop off your car in pinedale, should be easy.

Nick,

I thought I might be heading up that way but it looks like I'll be doing a Uintas trip instead. If we change our plans and decide to go the Winds, I'll let you know. I sent you an email before I saw this thread.

yeah, you can get a shuttle in town for the stretch from elkhart to pinedale, or hitch. if you can drop off your car in pinedale, should be easy.
My buddy did the shuttle thing a few years back and he said it was about $80!

Back