Flying Monkey

Honk34

Can anyone give me some tips on finding Flying Monkey Lake? I've read Osthoff's book but I still don't know where it is. I've been trying to find it for years now. I promise you the location is safe with me. It's a bucketlist trip for me and some of my older friends who don't have much time left.

On my bucket list too and I ain't got much time left either. Made another failed attempt at it last year with @Bob Thought you followed up his suggestion to PM him on one of your prior posts?

On my bucket list too and I ain't got much time left either. Made another failed attempt at it last year with @Bob Thought you followed up his suggestion to PM him on one of your prior posts?
I sent him a PM, but never got a reply.

I sent him a PM, but never got a reply.
Probably a tech issue. Messaging usually goes through and Bob's great about replying. Have another go at it! He knows the Winds better than most.

FWIW I've chatted with a few folks in Pinedale that have all said FM is over-rated. Of course, they're mostly silent on easier to reach golden lakes on the West side. Still like to get there myself just because I'm a stubborn old goat who refuses to give up once I set an objective. Week long trips are getting harder every year. I've had a good conversations with Rich Osthoff too about other lakes he favors. He won't give locations, but will help with routes and fishing updates.