Rainbow Bridge North Trail

DanDBiker

I've got a permit to hike the Rainbow Bridge North trail in late April. Its been about 20 years since I did this hike. Does anyone have information on the current condition of the trail and/or route finding difficulties? Thanks

3 of us did it 2 yrs ago in late April. The biggest problem is the road north of the Navajo station. We did manage to get down to the actual trailhead in a 4x4 with no real problems. On the way out a larger group had a shuttle and the shuttle dropped them probably 2 or 3 miles from the trailhead. There is still a picnic table about 7 or so miles in. I have posted our hike here in backcountry post if you are interested.

here is the report link:
https://backcountrypost.com/threads/rainbow-bridge-north-trail-this-time-the-full-trail.4638/

3 of us did it 2 yrs ago in late April. The biggest problem is the road north of the Navajo station. We did manage to get down to the actual trailhead in a 4x4 with no real problems. On the way out a larger group had a shuttle and the shuttle dropped them probably 2 or 3 miles from the trailhead. There is still a picnic table about 7 or so miles in. I have posted our hike here in backcountry post if you are interested.

here is the report link:
https://backcountrypost.com/threads/rainbow-bridge-north-trail-this-time-the-full-trail.4638/
Great. Thanks for the link. Its a really good read. I'm not too worried about the road. We have a relaxed timetable so adding a couple miles wouldn't be a big deal. I was a little worried that route finding might be an issue but it doesn't seem like any of the reports, including yours, note that as an issue. I've been dreaming of getting back there for a long time.

Great. Thanks for the link. Its a really good read. I'm not too worried about the road. We have a relaxed timetable so adding a couple miles wouldn't be a big deal. I was a little worried that route finding might be an issue but it doesn't seem like any of the reports, including yours, note that as an issue. I've been dreaming of getting back there for a long time.

Following the trail was no problem. There are a few narrow and rocky areas in the area before one drops into the final canyon but no problem whatsoever following the trail. As I stated the hardest thing to follow is the road to the trailhead. Lots of side roads and not always obvious which way to turn. There are some nice campsites approx where the north and south trails meet.

Following the trail was no problem. There are a few narrow and rocky areas in the area before one drops into the final canyon but no problem whatsoever following the trail. As I stated the hardest thing to follow is the road to the trailhead. Lots of side roads and not always obvious which way to turn. There are some nice campsites approx where the north and south trails meet.
Awesome news. Thanks again.

Back