Uintas this coming weekend.

JackBurns

I have three days off this weekend. My son and I, plus my buddy and his two younger kids. (Elementary school age) I'm asking for advice on destinations. Not too arduous, would like to catch a greylin (bucket list), and doable in a three day trip. Saturday morning come home Monday night. Thank you in advance. Jack.

Some neighbors just got back from anchor lake. Had a great time, took several children under the age of 12. Good fishing for pan size fish. I will ask him tonight about more information if you are interested.

I have caught grayling in Washington Lake (for you roadside warrior type- I know you're here!) .
But if you're wanting a short backpacking trip that's not to arduous and has grayling at the end, head to Marjorie Lake west out of the Crystal Lake Trailhead. It's an easy hike and has some good campsites in the area. Most of the foot traffic heads toward Long and Island Lakes.

Some neighbors just got back from anchor lake. Had a great time, took several children under the age of 12. Good fishing for pan size fish. I will ask him tonight about more information if you are interested.

Yes please.
I have caught grayling in Washington Lake (for you roadside warrior type- I know you're here!) .
But if you're wanting a short backpacking trip that's not to arduous and has grayling at the end, head to Marjorie Lake west out of the Crystal Lake Trailhead. It's an easy hike and has some good campsites in the area. Most of the foot traffic heads toward Long and Island Lakes.
I have this hike on my radar. Marjorie and Weir. Looks like little lakes around there to explore. Thank you.

Allen Lake has tons of Grayling but it might be a bit more strenuous than you want to do, especially coming in via Highline. It might be easier coming in from Grandview but I haven't done it that way.

http://backcountrypost.com/forum/threads/four-lakes-basin-uintas.333/

6142090041_7e365694c0_z.jpg

Of course you always could do the Round/Sand/Fish lakes at the head of the Weber River. The grayling fishing there is pretty good, but to be honest it's the one hike that I have a love/hate relationship with. It's great fishing when you get there, but when I get back I'm so beat that I tell myself it's not happening again. Then time goes by and I start thinking of the fishing again. Repeat.

Going in by crystal lake. Then up to Marjorie. Looks like it's going to be a great weekend. Thanks for your advice. I will let you know how it goes.

Back